Third Annual Community Seafood Dinner at the South Kingstown Elks Lodge
Saturday, October 22, 2016
Our third annual community seafood dinner was better than ever! 115 people joined us on the first cold night of fall to celebrate the season's bounty. Due to the windy weather, many commercial fishermen were among us, and people got to meet and learn from the people who catch our fish. Proceeds from the event benefited Eating with the Ecosystem's "Seafood for All" program, which connects Rhode Island food pantries with local seafood.
Menu (and donors)
- Bluefish chowder (fish caught by Rodman Sykes)
- Mussel chowder (mussels donated by American Mussel Harvesters)
- Smoked fish dip (fish caught by Rodman Sykes)
- Monkfish liver pate (fish caught by Rodman Sykes)
- Slipper limpets (aka deckers) in wine sauce (deckers caught by Matt Kearns)
- Snail (conch) salad (snails donated by Steve Barber)
- Skate wings (fried) (skate donated by the F/V Ocean State)
- Butterfish (fried) (donated by Handrigan's Seafood)
- Scup (grilled) (donated by Handrigan's Seafod)
- Green crab risotto (crabs caught by Sarah Schumann
- Seaweed salad (donated by Dave Blaney of Point Judith Kelp Co.
- Green beans
- Fish-shaped sugar cookies (baked by Kira and Bryn Stillwell)
Thanks to all those who provided fish, and volunteered, or ate!