Gulf of Maine at Hourglass Brasserie, October 29, 2013
- Seared Scallop with Miso Broth, Citrus Zest, Romanesco, Mustard Greens
- Steamers with Sake, Ginger, Soy Sauce, Prawn Crackers, Herbs and Blossoms;
- Pan Roasted Pollack with Parmesan, Madras Curry, Sea Beans, Fingerling Potatoes, Crispy Kale, Sauce Bordelaise
- Butter Poached Lobster with Celery, Bok Choy, Beech Mushrooms, Shrimp Ravioli, Lobster Broth
- Chocolate Mousse with Cocoa Meringue, Nutella Crumbles, Marshmallows, Candied Hazelnut, Autumn Berries, Kiwi & Mint
We were joined by guest speakers Aaron Dority and Carla Guenther from the Penobscot East Resource Center in Stonington, Maine. The mission of Penobscot East Resource Center is to secure a diversified fishing future for communities in eastern Maine. To advance this mission, Penobscot East creates programs that tap the deep knowledge of fishermen, provide innovative leadership, and advocate for community-scale fisheries.
Aaron and Carla detailed their work with fishermen and policy makers, and talked of how their network is responding to new challenges and opportunities in a changing Gulf of Maine ecosystem.
View Aaron and Carla's presentation in this video: